I can’t quite remember how I first heard about Wayfair.com… I think it may have been a commercial on HGTV… It’s my newest addiction. Since buying our new home, I can’t stop scouring this website for fabulous finds. My first purchase — a tufted arch upholstered king headboard in parchment, on sale for $246.00 with free shipping:
I purchased the headboard during one of Wayfair’s Daily Sales, which they advertise as “Limited-time deals. Up to 70% OFF top picks. Launch every day at noon ET.” The list price is noted as $339.00, but during the Daily Sale, it was marked down to $246.00 (and that includes free shipping!) — a steal if you ask me! I have been searching high and low for a well priced, tufted headboard. In fact, I pinned the very same headboard from Target.com for $409.99!
I opted not to sign up for expedited shipping for an additional fee because it said in the listing that the headboard would take 4-5 weeks to ship anyway… Well I ordered on a Thursday and by Saturday morning (moving day), the headboard was waiting for me at our new house! Icing on the cake!
I would say that a great first experience is the ideal way to win over customers. But, in addition, to my great first experience, Wayfair.com’s website is well designed and has a lot of great features that makes it easy for customers to keep coming back for more.
How Wayfair.com keeps customers coming back for more:
- Great use of product photos all over the website
- Ability to shop by style (i.e. Go For Glam: Vintage Chic Style, Tailored and Timeless Living Room)
- Ability to shop by featured categories on things you didn’t even know you needed! (i.e. The Bright Way: Lighting Updates, Cat Trees & Purrfect Perches)
- Daily Sales with additional markdowns, sorted by categories
- Wayfair Rewards (earn 3% back in Wayfair credits on all purchases, refer a friend and get $10 in Wayfair credit plus your friend gets 10% off their first purchase over $100)
Wayfair.com also gets it right with their product listings:
- Each product listing has creative, descriptive copy along with product features from type of fabric to detailed measurements
- Questions & Answers section features questions that shoppers have asked along with the answers (example: What are the dimensions of the buttons? Does the back of the headboard have the same material as the rest?)
- Customer reviews with star ratings (who doesn’t love customer reviews?!)
- View more products from the same manufacturer
- View more products from the same collection
- Option to buy clearance items (i.e. returns of the same product with deep discounts)