I recently started following the Facebook page, Facebook Marketing. They are running a series of Facebook posts with tips to posting on Facebook. Sound like a tongue twister? Actually, it’s really easy and fun to engage your audience through Facebook posts. I manage a number of Facebook Pages for businesses. The Facebook page for TempleTown Realty just reached over 1,000 likes the other day and I’m pretty excited about it! To celebrate, I’ve included highlights on Facebook Page publishing best practices.
Facebook Page Publishing Best Practices:
1. Post succinct content – Posts between 100 and 250 characters (less than 3 lines of text) see about 60% more likes, comments, and shares than posts greater than 250 characters.
2. Post photos and videos – Posts including a photo album generate about 180% more engagement, posts including a picture generate about 120% more engagement, and posts including a video generate more about 100% more engagement that the average post.
3. Post regularly – Your fans will be more likely to engage with your content if you remain top of the mind.
4. Ask for your fans’ opinion – Use your Page as a way to gather feedback about your products.
5. Ask questions using Questions (a Facebook product) – This is an easy way to gather insights on ideas or products.
6. Try posting “fill in the blank” posts – Fill-in-the-blank posts generate about 90% more engagement than the average post.
7. Give your fans access to exclusive information – This is a way to reward your fans for liking your page.
8. Reward your fans with deals and perks – A literal way to reward your fans for liking your page.
9. Be timely – Your audience will be more likely to engage with your posts if you are talking about topics that are already top of mind for them, such as current events, holidays or news. (However, I would stay away from controversial topics.)
10. Localize your posts if they’re only relevant to a specific audience – This geo-targeting feature provided by Facebook would apply to global or national brands.
*All of the above photos and tips are from Facebook Marketing.
Lately I have been following a lot of wedding brand Facebook Pages (less than 129 days to go until my wedding day!). A lot of them are particularly good at Facebook posting: Colin Cowie Weddings, 2 For Couples Weddings, and Project Wedding.
ABC’s guide to shoestring marketing is a series of blog posts featuring quick, easy tips for marketing on a budget.