Sometimes being a marketing manager means also being an event planner. Last week I helped plan the groundbreaking ceremony for Folsom Powerhouse, an innovative housing development in the Francisville neighborhood of Philadelphia. The project features the latest in modern design, sustainable construction and urban planning.
Press for the Folsom Powerhouse Groundbreaking Ceremony:
Curbed Philadelphia – “Shovels Hit the Dirt for Postgreen’s Folsom Powerhouse”
Check out our video of the Folsom Powerhouse Groundbreaking Ceremony:
A friend of mine just listed her home for sale! 8309 Macarthur Road is a beautifully updated, 3 bedroom, 1 full bath, single family home in the neighborhood of Wyndmoor, PA, a suburb of Philadelphia. The neighborhood is very charming and features a variety of mid-century style homes.
Highlights of the home include a newly renovated open kitchen and dining room with glamourous chandeliers, and a spacious rear patio and backyard for entertaining.
Check out the new website for A Better Life Therapy. A Better Life Therapy provides counseling, coaching, training, and group therapy to families and young adults in the Philadelphia area.
A Better Life Therapy is the brainchild of one of my good friends, Elizabeth Earnshaw, MFT. She is very experienced with working with children and young adults that have experienced stressful situations such as divorce, scary medical treatments, death, bullying, academic issues, accidents, and low self-esteem. I highly recommend her for your family and young adult therapy and counseling needs. Be sure to check out her new website for more information on services.
Today Equinox Management & Construction closed on the property that will be the future site of Folsom Powerhouse! Check out the new official website for Folsom Powerhouse and also this post by Philadelphia Magazine about our upcoming groundbreaking ceremony. This is the first project in partnership with Equinox MC and Postgreen Homes. I first learned about Postgreen Homes when they did the 100k House Blog. I’m really excited to be working with Postgreen – they have a lot of creative ideas and they are very good at shoestring marketing!
I can’t quite remember how I first heard about Wayfair.com… I think it may have been a commercial on HGTV… It’s my newest addiction. Since buying our new home, I can’t stop scouring this website for fabulous finds. My first purchase — a tufted arch upholstered king headboard in parchment, on sale for $246.00 with free shipping:
I purchased the headboard during one of Wayfair’s Daily Sales, which they advertise as “Limited-time deals. Up to 70% OFF top picks. Launch every day at noon ET.” The list price is noted as $339.00, but during the Daily Sale, it was marked down to $246.00 (and that includes free shipping!) — a steal if you ask me! I have been searching high and low for a well priced, tufted headboard. In fact, I pinned the very same headboard from Target.com for $409.99!
I opted not to sign up for expedited shipping for an additional fee because it said in the listing that the headboard would take 4-5 weeks to ship anyway… Well I ordered on a Thursday and by Saturday morning (moving day), the headboard was waiting for me at our new house! Icing on the cake!
I would say that a great first experience is the ideal way to win over customers. But, in addition, to my great first experience, Wayfair.com’s website is well designed and has a lot of great features that makes it easy for customers to keep coming back for more.
How Wayfair.com keeps customers coming back for more:
- Great use of product photos all over the website
- Ability to shop by style (i.e. Go For Glam: Vintage Chic Style, Tailored and Timeless Living Room)
- Ability to shop by featured categories on things you didn’t even know you needed! (i.e. The Bright Way: Lighting Updates, Cat Trees & Purrfect Perches)
- Daily Sales with additional markdowns, sorted by categories
- Wayfair Rewards (earn 3% back in Wayfair credits on all purchases, refer a friend and get $10 in Wayfair credit plus your friend gets 10% off their first purchase over $100)
Wayfair.com also gets it right with their product listings:
- Each product listing has creative, descriptive copy along with product features from type of fabric to detailed measurements
- Questions & Answers section features questions that shoppers have asked along with the answers (example: What are the dimensions of the buttons? Does the back of the headboard have the same material as the rest?)
- Customer reviews with star ratings (who doesn’t love customer reviews?!)
- View more products from the same manufacturer
- View more products from the same collection
- Option to buy clearance items (i.e. returns of the same product with deep discounts)